3/13/10

Why New Sandals?

The other day I mentioned my walk to the park with Kara. We had a great discussion about heaven during our walk! I also wanted to tell you why we had to buy Brody a new pair of sandals.

When Kara and I reached the park, Brody was looking all around the water and rocks for some critters. There is a small creek that runs alongside the park. He spotted some “crawdad’s” in the water…he then realized that they were tadpoles.

Brody just loves bugs and wanted to catch one. He had never held a tadpole before. Acting on an impulse, He JUMPED INTO THE WATER and his feet sunk into that muddy water…and boy was that water NASTY!!

The creek had the stickiest, thickest, mushiest mud on the bottom where his feet landed. The mud was so thick that Brody could barely move. I grabbed his hand and tried to pull him out. I told Brody to try to keep his sandals on as I pulled him out of the mud.

One sandal came out; however, the other sandal slipped off. I fished and fished for that sandal to no end. That sandal must have been REALLY DEEP!!! I am sure you can imagine me on my hands and knees fishing for a sandal in the muddy water We couldn’t see into the water AT ALL because of how the mud had been disturbed. A huge cloud of mud was in the water which blocked my ability to see where the Sandal might be.

Needless to say, that is why Brody needs a new pair of sandals. It was quite an adventure!!!

Well, off to Target I go….

No comments: