3/13/10

Kara is Sick

*Post Dated*

Kara’s went from a happy go lucky kid to looking very sick within minutes. Chaz noticed that Kara was looking very hot so she ran to get our thermometer.

The thermometer is perhaps the most used instrument in our house. I was thinking of maybe getting a holster to carry it so we won’t have to search for it every time.

Kara’s head was hot and she was sweating. The thermometer was reading a high fever at 104 degrees. We decided to cool her down with a bath and some Tylenol.

After about two hours, the fever was gone. We thought it was strange for a fever to come and go so quickly.

Later that night Chaz and I prayed with our kids as usual and then put them to bed. As we were putting Kara to bed, she complained about her tongue. I looked at her tongue and she had what looked like a huge cold sore on it. We didn’t think much about it until the next morning.

In the morning Kara woke up screaming and would not eat. She did not eat the entire day so I ran her to the doctors office to find out what was wrong. She had a couple bumps on her arms at this point in addition to the bumps on her tongue. We were getting worried.

The doctor’s diagnosed her with a cold sore and told us how to fix it. Kara’s condition kept on getting worse.

Kara and Brody both sat on the couch holding hands that night. Chaz and I thought it was so precious that Brody was so concerned about his sister.

All during the day Chaz and I have been forcing liquids through her mouth and making her swallow it. Swallowing anything is extremely painful for her.

The next morning the problem was the same and seemed to be getting worse. After not eating for two days, I ran her to urgent care again to have her looked at. I had a different doctor take a look at her. I was advised that she had hand, foot and mouth disease.

The word disease sent chills through my bones; however, the doctor advised that the name is a misnomer. Kara has a virus that causes bumps on her hands, feet and mouth. She will be better in seven days and that there is no long term problem with the health of our child.

Chaz and I were very happy to learn that it is a passing virus and that she will be find in a few days. The only thing I would like to do is give the guy a hard time who came up with the name hand, foot and mouth disease

No comments: