Kara came outside and proceeded to go to the van to get her Mom a bottle of water. I was watching and saw that she got a bottle that was nearly full. I thought she had grabbed a full one; however, my eyes had deceived me.
When Chasity goes in the morning during the week, she normally exercises in the morning and grabs a water on the way home so the van is always stacked full of water. The kids sometimes want a bottle and take a couple drinks and leave the water in the van.
When Kara went to the van, she had grabbed a water that had been previously opened. Unknown to Chasity, she assumed that Kara had opened the bottle for her. Kara handed the bottle of water to her and we were off.
As we were driving down the street, Chasity opened the water and took a big drink. She immediately began choking on the water. She then smelled the water and it smelled awful!
She said, "Denny, smell this!"
I put my nose by the water and it did smell awful. I had no idea how long that bottle of water had been sitting in the van. Chasity then said, "Look, there is mold floating around in that bottle!"
She was getting sick just thinking about it. She looked a little closer and there was a huge flake of something floating around on the bottle. She said, "Look Denny, look at that!"
Being the comforting person that I am, I said, "We breathe mold all day so I am sure it won't hurt you." I then added, "Of course, contaminated water can carry all kinds of bacteria and viruses so I hope you don't get sick."
That was not what Chasity wanted to hear as she felt like she was getting sicker by the second. I saw I had a real problem on my hands.
I then told Chasity, "I am going to stop at the gas station and get you some water to dilute that stuff."
That seemed to fix the problem and Chasity went on to have a great day of worship at church. I figured we needed to pray a little more at church this Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment