6/12/10

Concert Night

Chasity and I discovered that Ernie Haas and Signature Sound were coming to town. Chasity was estatic about having the chance to see them live in concert. We purchased a couple of tickets and went to see the Band! When we are at home, our family will often worship the Lord right in our home together. We will sing and the kids will jump around and have fun as we worship the Lord as a family.

When we got to the concert, Chasity told me, "Denny, did you bring your camera?" I told her that I had it in my pocket. She quickly grabbed the camera while I saved our seats. A short while later she came back with a bag of stuff she had bought. One of the C.D.'s that they were selling was "JORDAN" The name caught her eye and she wanted it big time. Our newest addition to the family is named Jordan so I can see why she was so excited.


When she went out to see the band, she took the kids with her. Brody and Kara were so excited about the concert. Chasity bought them the little flashlights so they could wave them during the songs. She also bought them a Kazoo. I was wondering if that was a smart idea; however, they made the Kazoo a big part of their program so the kids had fun playing along! The Kazoo's and the lights really made the concert come alive for the kids because they had a way to participate. Did I mention I have a very smart wife!

Kara and Brody found themselves worshipping the Lord with all their heart! Brody was waving his arms around and Kara was jumping around and playing her Kazoo. It was just too precious to see my kids having so much fun at a concert where the Lord was being praised.

We had taken four boxes of candy as treats for the kids to enjoy. At intermission I took Brody and Kara to run a few laps in the hallway. As Brody was running he fell down on the floor. He said, "Dad, my stomach is hurting" then he started crying. I figured all the candy was making him sick so I told him, "You are going to need to drink a lot of water, you have too much sugar in your belly". He jumped up and drank a lot of water and then laid back down on the floor holding his belly.

While he was laying on the floor I asked Brody, "Can I step on your belly?" He looked at me with one of his big smiles and said, "Sure." When I stepped on his belly, he started laughing and laughing. Kara not wanting to be left out wanted me to step on her belly too. After about five minutes, Brody was ready to enjoy the rest of the concert.

During the concert towards the end, I saw my little Kara starting to have trouble keeping her eyes open. She came over to me and gave me a kiss on the knee and then went back to her seat.

A little while later she came back and wanted me to hold her. I thought if I cradled her a little she might fall asleep in my arms. She tried to fall asleep but the concert was just too exciting. With the next song she was back up and ready to join in. We started singing a song that had one word. The word was "Amen" As I was singing, she picked up the melody and started singing at the top of her lungs. She was so loud that the people around us noticed all her "Amens." She was caught up in the moment and enjoying the presence of the Spirit. Her voice captured my heart and I find it hard to believe I have such a special little girl. When I tucked her into bed we did our prayers. In her prayer she said, "Thank-You Lord that my Daddy is a great Daddy." Her words just about made my heart melt onto the floor...
Jordan who is now four months old handled the concert extremely well. He heard all the music and I am sure tried to wave his hands a little. It is pretty much all he really can do at this point. Chasity held him for most of the concert so he could enjoy it too. Chasity was perhaps the most enthusiatic about the concert. She sat on the edge of her seat, waving her arms in worship, bouncing up and down and making her faces of approval whenever something happened that pleased her. She is a wonderful mother with a big heart who loves the Lord. She is the one who makes our day so special and brings out the best in all of us.

We have a wonderful God and a wonderful Savior. We can enjoy worshipping the Lord as a family because that is what we were designed for by God.

1 comment:

D.L. Folken said...

I love you Denny... thank you for taking time out of your much too busy schedule to make these memories last forever! You are the love of my life and the best man I could've ever dreamed or hoped for! Our kids are so blessed to have such an amazing Daddy who loves the Lord and teaches them about all the important things in life every waking moment!!!